Putting the X in Extreme!
Mamba XL X is our latest 1:5 scale controller capable of 3S - 8S LiPo, with a 20 amp peak BEC. This is the perfect upgrade for 1:5 scale RC hobby vehicles (including gas to electric conversions) weighing up to 30 lbs for 2WD and 25 lbs for 4WD. The XL X has an auxiliary wire, increased BEC amperage capability and more capacitors to protect against ripple current.
The Auxiliary Advantage
Mamba XL X features the addition of a new, programmable AUX wire that allows you to make ?on-the-go? adjustments to several settings such as torque control, and max throttle, and fine-tune the performance of your ESC right from the transmitter using an auxiliary channel on the receiver. The AUX wire function is disabled by default but is programmable via Castle Link. Once you have programmed the functionality of the AUX wire, that setting can then be adjusted on-the-go from a compatible transmitter. Mamba XL X also features updated Audible Alerts that will notify you of possible issues with calibrations and error conditions to help diagnose problems in the field.
Mamba XL X can capture and record performance data from your last couple of runs, commonly referred to as data logging. This data can be downloaded via the Castle Link USB programmer; you can use the Quick Connect Duo (sold separately) to allow you to access both wires into a single Castle Link connection. You can then analyze this data and make adjustments to the ESC to maximize both performance and battery life.
Telemetry Ready (with Futaba T4PX transmitters!)
Mamba XL X is telemetry ready, which means owners of Futaba T4PX Transmitters will be able to purchase the Castle Creations Telemetry Link for S.BUS2. Real-time data such as ESC temperature, voltages, and RPM can be monitored to ensure performance advantages and spare you the ?unknown? parameters that all R/C enthusiasts experience at some point. Telemetry data provides another level of protection and can increase performance.
Castle Link Compatible
With the Castle Link USB Programming kit you can use your Windows? PC to easily program your controller.
Adjustable settings include:
- Throttle Curve
- Braking Curve
- Drag Brake
- Auto LiPo Cutoff
- Punch Control
- Reverse Type
- Motor Type
Technical Specs ESC
- Input Voltage Range: MIN: 3S LiPo
- MAX: 8S LiPo
- BEC Specifications: Adjustable from 5V to 8.5V (20A peak), default 5.5V
- Operating Environment: Not intended for use in wet conditions, ESC is not waterproof
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing
- On/Off Switch: No
- Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped 40mm
- Size: Length: 4.75" (120.65mm) / Width: 2.06" (52.38mm) / Height: 1.73" (43.94mm)
- Weight (without wires): 10.4 oz. (294.84g)
- Connectors: 8.0mm female bullets for motor connection
- Items Needed for Operation:
- A high current connector designed for high-powered electric systems, rated for 100+ amps, such as Castle CC Bullet 6.5mm, CC Bullet 8.0mm, or 6.5mm Polarized Castle Connectors, soldered to the battery leads.
- Product Use Statements:
- Recommended battery capacity for 1:5th scale vehicles is 5000mAh. We recommend using 50C continuous discharge or higher LiPo batteries.
- We recommend a high current connector designed for high-powered electric systems, rated for 100+ amps, such as Castle CC Bullet 6.5mm, CC Bullet 8.0mm, or 6.5mm Polarized Castle Connectors.
- Applying voltages higher than 33.6V will cause irreparable damage to ESC.
- Mamba XL X is not intended for human or animal propulsion.
- Application Guidelines: 1:5th scale RC hobby vehicles weighing up to 30 lbs for 2WD and 25 lbs for 4WD
- Recommended Motors: Castle 2028 Extreme 800Kv: Max Cells: 8S LiPo
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: 30 lbs, with batteries, ready-to-run for 2WD and 25 lbs for 4WD
- Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free link included) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software.
- Telemetry Link Capable: Yes
- Tech Notes:
- You MUST connect the AUX wire to an open channel on your receiver even if you are not using the Auxiliary function.
- You MUST remove the AUX wire from the radio before connecting ESC to Castle Link.
Technical Specs Motor
- Input Voltage Range: 12S max
- Kv: 800
- Max. RPM: 45,000
- Motor Size: Length: 4.4" (113.2mm)
- Diameter: 2.2" (57mm)
- Shaft Size: Length: 30mm
- Diameter: 8mm
- Weight (w/wires): 44 oz.
- Mounting Hole Specifications: 30mm
- Cooling Fan: Yes, included in combo.
- Connectors: 8.0mm male bullets.
- Items Needed for Operation: N/A
- Product Use Statements: N/A
- Application Guidelines: N/A
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight:
- 4WD vehicles weighing less than 25lbs.
- 2WD vehicles weighing less than 30lbs.
- Tech Notes: Made with high quality Japanese sealed bearings, 4 pole neodymium magnets, super thin stator laminations using high quality steel.
Additional Castle Link benefits include:
- Access to all firmware updates, including added features sets released from Castle Engineering, at no charge.
- Intuitive Demo Mode Capability
- Ability to Save Setup Profiles for Later Use