Spark Killer - the next generation of the 2-stroke RC engine kill switch designed and made in Australia. Updated version now can be used for 2, 3 or 4+ channel radios. Also featuring the switchable low voltage cutoff needed for big and heavy cars produced by Losi, MCD, Rovan or others.
Spark Killer will automatically kill the engine if you have a low battery, radio glitch, lose connection, or power loss. You can also kill the engine anytime you want via the transmitter's channel switch. It kills the engine by using a mechanical relay that give a full electrical isolation.
Scope of supply / Kit comes with:
1 x pre-soldered EMF noise filtered engine stop switch with quick disconnect plug
1 x Futaba Y-cable and a remote super bright red LED indicator so the kill switch status signal can be seen externally
LED Signal Status:
- Flashing : No Radio Signal
- ON : Engine On (or Ready to Start)
- OFF: Engine Off
- ON/OFF/ON: Engine On ( Applicable to Spektrum Radios Only)
- Operation Voltage on the receiver: 3.3 VDC to 8 VDC
- Relay Voltage Max: 125VAc, 24Vdc
- Contact Relay Current DC Max : 1A
- Relay Coil Resistance : 167 Ohm
External LED Clip dimension:
- Panel Cut out diameter : 8mm
- Clip Length : 12.5mm
Dip Switch Setting:
- Sw1: ON = 3, 4+ Channel Radio / OFF = 2 Channel Radio
- Sw2: ON =3.3Vdc Cutoff / OFF = 4Vdc Cutoff
The Hilantronics Kill-Switch Systems compares in Chart you can find in the Fodler "PDF"
By the following combinations it can be that the Killswitch is NOT working correctly:
DX4C / DX4S Transmitter and SRS4210 Receiver
DX4C / DX4S Transmitter and SR415 Receiver (But with this combination you can use the DYNE1240 Kill Switch from Dynamite)
Generally you should NOT use the Kill Switch System with a Spektrum 2 Channel Radio system.
In combination with the SR410 Receiver the System is working great!