The 3A-UBEC is a switch mode DC/DC regulator, it outputs a consistent safe voltage for the receiver, gyro and servos.
It is very suitable for RC helicopter and other RC models especially when the built-in BEC in the speed controller has a very limited output capability.
Why do you need UBEC?
The UBEC is a switch-mode DC regulator separated from ESC (ESC---Electronic Speed Controller for brushless/brushed motor), it will take high-voltage (5.5V to 26V) power from your battery pack and convert it to a consistent safe voltage for your receiver, gyro and servos. For traditional speed controller with a built-in BEC, it will very likely have only a limited ability to supply power to your receiver and servos without overheating. If you are using a high-voltage battery pack or have heavy servo load, you should consult the ESC specifications to determine what the stated recommendations or limitations are. In general, if you are using a 4 cells lithium battery pack, or more than a 12 cells Nickel based battery pack, you should consider using an UBEC because in such a case the built-in BEC of the ESC can support only 2 servos, which means it is not suitable for RC helicopter and big aircraft.
- Uses an advanced switch mode DC-DC regulator IC.
- The output is powerful enough even working with 4S to 6S Lipo battery.
- Battery polarity reversal protection.
- A metal shield and a filter significantly reduce the electromagnetic interference.
- The working status is shown by an LED, it lights when the UBEC works normally
- Output voltage selectable by using a jumper connector. (5V or 6V)
- Output Voltage: 5V/3A or 6V/3A (Selectable by using a jumper connector)
- Continuous output current: 3 Amps
- Input: 5.5V-26V (2-6S Lipo or 5-18 cells NiMH /NiCd)
- Size: 43mm*17mm*7mm (L*W*H)
- Weight: 11g
- RC Helicopter with more than 4 servos.
- RC models with big-torque servos need large current supply